Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400M with Ham Radio Deluxe on CW using DAX- Please Help

Options
Bruce W6SFG
Bruce W6SFG Member ✭✭
Please Help. I've hit a brick wall Attempting to use HRD with the Flex 6400M to send CW with the computer keyboard.
I'm attempting to use my Flex 6400M with Ham Radio Deluxe on CW.
If I put the Flex in either CW or CW (ssb) I can decode using DAX without any problems.
If I want to send CW I need to put the Flex in the CW mode and I can key the radio using my built in electronic keyer.
However, I've tried about every combo I can think of and I cannot get HRD to key my Flex using the keyboard.
I know this is cockpit error and no doubt some software switch, com port or setting on my Flex that II don't have in the correct mode.
If someone who is doing this succesfully can please send me configuration info, I would be very grateful!

More info:
I am NOT running the HRD using the Smart SDR.
I am using DAX which IS activated on my 6400M and the DAX window is decoding CW perfectly and passing the stream along to HRD.
However, in the TX stream window DAX it reports that "DAX IS OFF" - I DON"T KNOW HOW TO TURN IT ON.
You may email me directly at W6SFG@outlook.com,
Thank you, Bruce

Comments

• Piero Ferrua
    Piero Ferrua Member ✭✭
    Options

Hallo Bruce,

I have a Flex 6600, not a 6400M but I think that the re are not differente of set un with HRD .

I’m not a CW man, but I like it, so my set up x cw :

Flex in CW mode

Smartlik Cat with dedicate winkeyer com

DM (hrd) in cw winkey

attivate the winkeyer internal of DM780 with de dedicate port in Smart link.

Tumorrow morning I hop to be able to make a picture of my set up.

Best 73 IZ1XEE Piero

• Piero Ferrua
    Piero Ferrua Member ✭✭
    Options

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.