Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2 computers

Hi all

Using a Flex 6500 and SSDR v 2.6.2. Using an Ultrabeam antenna (no good for SO2R !). I do not intend to switch to v 3.

Has anyone tried and been successfull in connecting 2 computers simultaneously to the radio ?

This is NOT for contest purposes, but I have 2 callsigns (my own and a clubcallsign) which I want to be able to use nearly simultaneously, i.e. be able to switch from one to the other easily and quickly.

What I need to achieve is 1 radio, 1 computer, 1 or 2 logging programs (to run simultaneously), 1 or 2 sessions of JTDX connected to their respective callsign logs (to run simultaneously).

Anyone has idea on how to do that ?

Thanks + 73

Paul F6EXV

Answers

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭

One way you could go would be to run VirtualBox to support two Windows environments that would each support one of your operating environments. This should work well if you have enough RAM, and if your computer is reasonably fast. You would have to terminate SSDR on a given virtual machine before starting it on the other. So, it's not exactly simultaneous.

The "right" solution ($$) would be to upgrade to v3 software and use the "MultiFlex" feature. Each virtual machine could have 1 or 2 Rx slices running independently on your 6500. Of course, only one virtual machine gets to Tx at a time.

73 Martin AA6E

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Martin

I am aware of the fact that upgrading would solve my problem, but I have been unemployed for several years (should retire in June), and cannot afford to upgrade.

As of now, I have an Intel Core i5, not sure if that would be enough to have 2 windows running simultaneously.

Paul F6EXV

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭

Paul,

You can not operate the radio from multiple clients under version 2, you will have to go to version 3 to operate multi users. You did not say which radio you have, but you can operate with multiple panadapters, operate one panadapter in one ear and the other in opposite to keep them separated. Most loggers can handle multiple windows to a common database. Depending on on the accessory SW you run, your i5 should be ok in that configuration.. If your running a 6700, you could have up to 8 different bands at once.

73, Dudley, WA5QPZ

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Hi Dudley

I did say I am using a 6500. When I have both sessions of JTDX open, I do not need them to monitor different bands, actually I do not want that. I want them to be on the same band.

But I guess I have to give up the idea... Not a matter of life and death !

Paul F6EXV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.