Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for Mac and Maestro

Options

When SmartSDR for MAC is used remote, is it possible to use controls by Maestro?

SmartSDR for Mac has a small latency remote. Maestro has long latency with audio routed to its speaker but low when the audio goes to the radio. So using SmartSDR for MAC for audio and Maestro for controls seems an ideal choice. But not clear how to do it.

Ignacy NO9E

Best Answer

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I am guessing here as I no longer have my Maestro.

I would think since you are talking remote you would setup your SmartLink account in the Maestro and connect it via SmartLink but select the "control" method so it just does controls.

It would seem this should work but again I cannot test it.

Answers

• Ignacy
    Ignacy Member ✭✭
    Options

Tnx Mark. This may be it.

Ignacy

• Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Options

Hi, Did you try out it Maestro can be run with MAC OS?

• Ignacy
    Ignacy Member ✭✭
    Options

I did not. But most likely it can be done as WS7M writes above, with Maestro working as Smart control.

• Bill N3HQB
    Bill N3HQB Member ✭✭
    Options

In the shack, I use SmartSDR for Mac on a MacBook Pro, a v.1 Maestro running in SmartControl mode, and audio out from my Flex 6300 headphone/speaker jacks. See my QRZ photo. Very pleased. On the road, I prefer my iPhone or iPad with SmartSDR for iOS. Email if I can help/share...

• LouMolettiere
    Options
    Does anyone have experience using a Flex Maestro with a Mac Book Pro and RemoteDX? Thinking about buying a Maestro but want to know if it will work before paying $1,500 for the unit. Thanks.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

The Flex Maestro will only connect to a FlexRadio.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Lou, I had answered your question in an e-mail.

The Remote Ham Radio web site FAQ covers operating on their network using a Maestro.

Dave wo2x