Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Quality of MIDI tuning etc.

What is your experience with MIDI devices for freq control, adjustments, buttons? Which one do you use? Are they a good substitute for FlexControl?

Ignacy NO9E

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

I believe Marcus has fixed a minor bug with MIDI controller that I was having in assigning things to various buttons. Still waiting for that update I think.

However, I use DJ2GO and it works very well. The only downside is the controller lays flat so you probably want to build a small tray or use feet to prop it up so it's easier to work.

I have several buttons configured for CW send but I have not done much with any other controls.

Considering the price of the FlexControl and lack of availability I think the MIDI controllers work fine.

• Ignacy
    Ignacy Member ✭✭

Thank you. I bought DJ2GO2 and tested it. The VFO controls work well. Most of the buttons work well but they are hard to press. I found a few things and Marcus let Marcus know., He is very attentive.

Ignacy, NO9E

• normancyyj
    normancyyj Member ✭✭
    I am new to this board and hope this where I can ask a question.
    I am not very computer savvy and would like to know what I must do and get in order to control my 6400 with a midi controller?
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

Norman, if you are running a Mac, running SmartSDR for Mac it is as simple as getting a supported MIDI controller, plugging it in, and then simply in SmartSDR Mac turning it on and assigning the functions you want.