Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB to Arduino Nano Every

Does any one know if the Flex USB will interface to the Nano Every board? You don't need a FTDI usb cable to connect it to a pc. I am hoping it's not needed to send bcd data to the Nano Every board.

Regards,

Mick

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Mick, is this for a 6000 series Flex? According to the USB Cables Interface Guide for the FLEX-6000, you need an FTDI cable. It is not the Arduino that needs it, it is the Flex.

Len, KD0RC

• Mick  W8BE
    Mick W8BE Member ✭✭

Thanks, the Nano Every does not need an FTDI interface. I use them for my USB PTT via SmartCAT plugged directly into my pc usb. That is why I was hoping I could get by with out one.

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭

What you need is Arduino code that effectively emulates the FTDI. I.e. the Arduino becomes a USB device that plugs into the Flex 6000. It would be a nice project, if it isn't already available off the shelf. Sounds like you may have done it already?

73 Martin AA6E

• Mick  W8BE
    Mick W8BE Member ✭✭

Martin,

The Nano Every does not need a FTDI to communicate with a pc usb. I use them to build usb ptt footswitches that use CAT control for MOX. I was hoping a FTDI cable was not necessary for use with the radio usb ports. I plugged one in just to test but SmartSDR did not recognize it.

Mick

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.