Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

optimal setting for USB convo with Flex mike and direct-connection headset

Options
What is the optimal setting for USB convo with Flex mike and direct-connection headset.
I either head nothing but garble, or get selfsustaing feedback that makes other users see red.

Best Answer

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

I use a Rode NT pod-cast mic, USB into MacMini.

No special settings. It is recognized by MacOS as a Mic, I simply select it as the Mic in SmartSDR Mac and it works.

I set my gain so that loud peaks in voice just make it to just over the 0 mark. I generally don't use compression.

Sometimes I do have to toggle the connection to some other input then back to get it to work but pretty rare.

I do use TX eq with the mic. I setup a more natural sounding profile for the mic with better EQ but I get very good audio reports.