Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I transfer my version 3.1.12 to a new owner?

How do I transfer my version 3.1.12 to a new owner? What steps must I take to clear my info so

he can add his when he takes ownership. Or what is the link where I can find the info?

Thanks 73 Jim N9VC

Answers

• aa3ssradio
    aa3ssradio Member ✭✭

The version follows the radio. All you need to do is unregister it from your smart link account

• N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭

Thanks, Steve. That part I'm aware of, but not sure how to do it right.

Thanks again.

73, Jim N9VC

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited January 2021

Go into SmartLink setup and choose Deregister. When prompted push the PTT or CW key connected to the radio.

The new owner will create their own SmartLink account and register the radio if they will be using SmartLink.

If the radio is still under warranty remind the new owner they can contact Flex to transfer the warranty. There is a cost.

• N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭

Thanks Dave. No warranty. Thanks to you and Steve for your prompt replies.

Happy New Year to both of you and stay safe.

73, Jim N9VC

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Happy New Year!

• mark1161
    mark1161 Member ✭✭

Good Morning,

What if the original owner did not unregister the 6400M and the new owner has to set up the Smart Link Account for the radio? Factory Reset?

Thanks for any assistance

Mark

KK2L

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.