Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 5000A RX2 Input

Options
I have a 5000A with dual RX that I have been using for some time. I decided to connect an antenna to the RX2 in but I get no signal at all when switching the antennas in powersdr. The Tap function works fine. I have the latest Rev RFIO board. I removed top cover and looked at schematic. There is a connector on the RFIO J13 that says RX2. The schematic shows a coax cable from that connector to the 2nd RX board. For some reason mine does not have that cable.
Is this due to some option that I dont have? I checked RX2 and the connector is there as well . Anyone have any ideas?

Answers

• Garyh
    Garyh Member ✭✭
    Options
    Forgot to sign Gary K4MT
  • N0DFF  Steve
    N0DFF Steve Member ✭✭
    Options
    Be sure on the "Antenna Selection" tab, you have "use RX1 out to RX1 in loop" UNCHECKED, or there is no RF path to RX2, unless you use RX1 Tap. Good luck, & 73. Steve
  • Garyh
    Garyh Member ✭✭
    Options
    [{"insert":"The problem is a missing coax from RFIO to RX2 so none of the RXIO functions can work, only TAP which has a different path around RFIO. Will have to see if that cable can be acquired from Flex. I need RX2 input as I want to do diversity RX.\n\nThanks\n\nGary K4MT\n"}]
  • kb2men
    kb2men Member
    Options
    I've juggeled the switches to use ANT3 as the Receiver 1, and Receiver2 as RX1 tap. Then you'd have the common UHF connectors for the two antennas.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.