Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexRadio 6400 rebooting with Transverter / XVTR provisioned

Has anyone had trouble working with a Transverter and the Flex? When I provision the XVTR in the Radio Config, I am getting some odd things happening:

- When I provision the XVTR 2m in the Radio Config, I can work 2m just fine. Transverter works great - the Flex works great.
- When I exit SmartSDR, and try to go back in with the same computer, it causes the Flex to reboot every time I try to fire up SmartSDR.
- The only way I can get back in on my main computer is to use a different computer, and delete the XVTR for 2m in the Radio Config. Then I can at least open SmartSDR on my main computer.
- One other item of interest: If I provision the 2m XVTR in Radio Config, AS LONG AS I SWITCH TO AN HF BAND, before exiting SmartSDR, Everything works just fine... I just have to remember to not exit SmartSDR before switching to a band other than the XVTR 2M band.

I opened a ticket this afternoon, but since they are off until Monday, I thought I would reach out to see if anyone else has this issue.

TJ
K9KJ

Answers

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

TJ, First what is your version of SSDR?

Then Go into your transverter use it briefly and before you shut down the radio select back to HF and then shut down the radio. Then go ahead and boot it back up and see if it automatically goes bonkers.

For the last 6 months I have had my radio setup for using one of the 5 band transverters. Someday I will have one. So my 6500 is all programmed up already for 2, 222, 432, 903, 1296 already. I can click through those bands, and the radio behaves normally even though there's no transverter hanging on there. The rig is just a 10 meter radio with antenna connections steered through the Transverter port and in low drive power instead of the ANT jack... I have never shut the radio down with the rig in the VHF/UHF stuff still running. BUt I don't know if that should even be an issue.

Erika KØDD

• K9KJ
    K9KJ Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"Hi Ericka!\nI have version 3.1.12. I should've mentioned that.\nI did just looked you said and yeah... Unfortunately it does still go bonkers. \nFor now I'll just make sure I switch to like 20m before I shut down. If I do that, everything is cool.\nNow that I have my transverter for 2m, I kind of want one for 222 and 70cm. I shouldn't have sold all of my antennas!\n:-)\nTalk to ya,\n\nTJ\nK9KJ\n\n"}]
  • K9KJ
    K9KJ Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"Hi Ericka!\nI have version 3.1.12. I should've mentioned that.\nI did just looked you said and yeah... Unfortunately it does still go bonkers. \nFor now I'll just make sure I switch to like 20m before I shut down. If I do that, everything is cool.\nNow that I have my transverter for 2m, I kind of want one for 222 and 70cm. I shouldn't have sold all of my antennas!\n:-)\nTalk to ya,\n\nTJ\nK9KJ\n\n"}]
  • K9KJ
    K9KJ Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"Ok... Not sure why my post looks like that...\n"}]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.