Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
SmartSDR v3.1.12 and the SmartSDR v3.1.12 Release Notes. | SmartSDR v2.6.2 and the SmartSDR v2.6.2 Release Notes.
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes. | Power Genius XL Firmware v3.5.23. | Power Genius XL Utility v2.2.10.
Flex 6400 lockup ...
Have a look at my QRZ page for my setup ... quicker than having to explain the entire setup :-)
Flex 6400 + SPE 1.3K FA amp, remote controlled using SmartSDR 2.6.2 over a WAN for me (near San Diego) and a LAN (sharing with my host ham).
The problem - Remote Flex-6400 locks up at times while in TX and needs to be remotely rebooted. This is running with the amp at between 500W and 1.2kW. It does NOT lockup running the Flex by itself.
It's NOT the router, modem, amplifier, Raspberry PI 3, NUC, or interconnected cables as my TS-480SAT w/RemoteRig doesn't have any problem using the same amp, the same antennas at the same power levels. All are co-located in the same rack (picture on QRZ page).
As there is no analog ALC, the only cable entry points are the CAT 5 cable, the control line to the amp and the DC input.
I would like to read how others have resolved this issue. I plan to improve on the following:
- Loop and add a RF choke to the CAT5 cable at the Flex connection point
- Loop and add a RF choke to the CTRL cable (Flex to SPE amp) at the Flex entry point
- Loop and add a RF choke to the DC input cable at the Flex entry point
The Flex is grounded to the same point as the amp and the TS-480 SAT
Anything I am missing?
Leave a Comment
- 15.9K All Categories
- 66 Community Topics
- 1.9K New Ideas
- 140 The Flea Market
- 5.4K Software
- 4.9K SmartSDR for Windows
- 39 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 96 SmartSDR for Mac
- 144 SmartSDR for iOS
- 152 SmartSDR CAT
- 71 DAX
- 280 SmartSDR API
- 7.1K Radios and Accessories
- 5.8K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 562 Maestro
- 14 FlexControl
- 729 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 163 Power Genius Products
- 126 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 14 Power Genius Utility
- 23 Tuner Genius
- 45 Shack Infrastructure
- 24 Networking
- 95 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 50 Contesting
- 148 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 64 Amateur Radio Interests
- 426 Third-Party Software