Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Few questions

I have been using the Mac Software for a few weeks now. First off I really like it. I had bought a Flex 6400M to use with my Mac and was very happy with the xCat and xDax with loopback for the last few months prior to this change. But with the Mac version it makes FT4/8 a breeze, love the features of the dxspots and all. But I have a few things I noticed:

• Some icons are not showing for instance settings, map icons.
  • When saving a logged entry in FT4/8 it seems to freeze SmartSDR for a few seconds. It happens every time.
  • In FT4/8 I have had several occurances of after I work a station and save the log. If I click on someone else to work the DX Call updates to the new station and if the previous worked guy sends a RR73 it tries to log the new DX Call station even if we haven't made contact yet.
  • I have had twice where if I walk away from my Mac for a while with SmartSDRMac running when I come back the software is still running but transmit does not work. I will have to power down my radio and backup to get transmit to work. the radio keys up like it is transmitting but no power out.

Again I think this is wonderful software. Just for reference I am running this on a 2019 iMac 27" with 3.7 i5 and 40gb Ram..

Thanks Michael, AA5SH

Comments

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭

Here is a quick video trying to show the freezing:

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭

Here is a rough one showing the wrong call. I had click on the XM3B station to call him. K2HJB sent a 73 so it started to log the entry but it sent the XM3B callsign in the log not K2HJB.

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭

Would definitely leave a note for Marcus on his website. He is very responsive, but I don't believe he is here on the Flex Community.

I've noticed the log is a big drain on resources, too. He mentioned he would be working on it.

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭

Ok Thanks I wasn't sure where to best post these observations.

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

Also SPOTS are a large drain as well. I did let Marcus know.

I have switched over to not using the logging in SmartSDR Mac to using MacLoggerDX. Not only does it log very nicely and quickly it also can feed spots and does not exhibit the freeze you see.

Mark WS7M

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

Also, while the FT8/FT4 in SmartSDR mac is very cool, I tend to use WSJT-X with xCAT and xDAX. Just personal preference I think.