Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
SmartSDR v3.2.39 and the SmartSDR v3.2.39 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.7.6 and the SmartSDR v2.7.6 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes | Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.6.21
Power Genius XL Utility v3.6.21 | Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.1
I have been using the Mac Software for a few weeks now. First off I really like it. I had bought a Flex 6400M to use with my Mac and was very happy with the xCat and xDax with loopback for the last few months prior to this change. But with the Mac version it makes FT4/8 a breeze, love the features of the dxspots and all. But I have a few things I noticed:
- Some icons are not showing for instance settings, map icons.
- When saving a logged entry in FT4/8 it seems to freeze SmartSDR for a few seconds. It happens every time.
- In FT4/8 I have had several occurances of after I work a station and save the log. If I click on someone else to work the DX Call updates to the new station and if the previous worked guy sends a RR73 it tries to log the new DX Call station even if we haven't made contact yet.
- I have had twice where if I walk away from my Mac for a while with SmartSDRMac running when I come back the software is still running but transmit does not work. I will have to power down my radio and backup to get transmit to work. the radio keys up like it is transmitting but no power out.
Again I think this is wonderful software. Just for reference I am running this on a 2019 iMac 27" with 3.7 i5 and 40gb Ram..
Thanks Michael, AA5SH
- 17.4K All Categories
- 106 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 224 The Flea Market
- 5.9K Software
- 5.2K SmartSDR for Windows
- 78 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 159 SmartSDR for Mac
- 171 SmartSDR for iOS
- 171 SmartSDR CAT
- 90 DAX
- 299 SmartSDR API
- 7.5K Radios and Accessories
- 6.2K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 604 Maestro
- 22 FlexControl
- 757 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 303 Genius Products
- 199 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 96 Tuner Genius XL
- 8 Antenna Genius
- 75 Shack Infrastructure
- 40 Networking
- 154 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 72 Contesting
- 213 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 73 Amateur Radio Interests
- 508 Third-Party Software