Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 Shutting down and Error Messages.

Options
Hi.
Being new to Flex I'm looking for some incite in why my Flex 6700 has started shutting down after 8hrs of the RAC Contest on 80m
1. Tried two different antennas and the radio is seeing no more than 1.5:1 SWR on both.
2. Unhooked everything including the headphones and gone back to the hand mic and pc speakers and it did it again on 50W output.
3. Running Smart SDRMonitor (Voltage: 14.13v Temp: 31.5c) and seems rock solid
4. Radio has just returned from being updated with software and upgrades including the fans.
5. All grounds are in good shape and connections tight.
6. Power supply is an Astron RS-35M.
7. Computer Windows 10 Pro 16GB Memory and 260GB SSD and 2TB.
8. Removed the cover and cleaned the fuse contacts as well as the power poles on the back.

Has anyone seen these Error codes before and can relate them to past issues.

Thanks
Karl.

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    Options

That is a power supply voltage error , I use de ox-it on the power pole contacts periodically. Also check to make sure there is enough tension on the contacts, I have taken a small **** driver and bent the metal contacts on the cable side to make a tighter contact. It only takes a split second of low voltage and the radio will disconnect.

• Karl
    Karl Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just to keep you updated and for future searches within the forum here is my reply from the Flex Tech Support.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The faults that you are having indicate that the voltage regulators on the internal 0.9, 1.0 and 3.3 voltage rails are malfunctioning.

The best course of action is to have our Service department run comprehensive tests to reproduce the failure, determine the exact nature of the fault, and correct it. Please note, because intermittent faults are challenging to identify and repair, we may assume a cause (based on our experience) rather than spend additional time and cost to determine the root cause. In some cases, we may opt to return the product to you without repairing it to gather additional diagnostic data.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Will be returning the radio in the new years having only just purchased it from a Canadian Ham whom himself informed me when he powered it up it showed an error indicating the 1-volt regulator had failed. So, he packed it up and sent it back to Flex Radio in Austin Tx for repair. They completed the regulator repair, replaced the fans at no extra cost, installed all outstanding ECOs and tested and calibrated the radio.

I've had it in my possession 4 weeks and it's on the fritz again, Time to pull out the IC-7300 it replaced i guess.

Karl.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Have you checked to see if you have a voltage drop during TX?

You can install FRStack which can show the voltage at the PA and then set tune to 100 watts and engage tune. Watch internal voltage on FRStack. Also measure the voltage during 100 watt tune TX at connector at back of radio.

Dave wo2x

• Karl
    Karl Member ✭✭
    Options
    FRStack shows TX is 13.38v at 100w Out in to the Dummy Load with a resting voltage of 14.13v input on RX.
    Power Supply set to 14.5v and Drops to 14.47v under TX (Astron RS-35M)

Opened a ticket with flex and they want the Radio back to check it out as it's just had the 1v reg replaced on Nov 10th.

Thanks Dave and Larry.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.