Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Installation issues

I have my Flex 6400 installed at a repeater site where I have other equipment installed. The Internet is being provided by an ISP who is located in the cabinet next to mine at the repeater site. The Smartlink varies from green to several bars of yellow. What would cause the Smartlink level to change? I have a 10 down and 5 up service.

SDR for windows works but I can not get any transmit audio. I am using a USB interface with my Heil microphone to drive the computer. I have tried all sorts of settings and still not getting any transmit audio.

This setup works fine for remotehams.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doug

K6JV

Comments

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Really need a lot more information. Has the computer been directly connected to the flex? Is there a switch or router at the remote site or at the home end? What computer is in use at the home end?

The data link quality indicator is not part of smart link, it is functional during local operation as well as remote.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭

The computer has been connected directly to the Flex in the past. The remote site has a router. The Flex is directly connected to my modem at home and I have 1Gig service at my house. I have tried both my IMAC and Windows 10 machines and can not get any transmit audio. I am using a Scarlett Solo USB interface between my Heil microphone and the computers. The Solo USB interface is selected as the microphone and I can see audio movement on the panadapter but it does not provide any audio to the transmitter.

I am having the same issue on SmartSDR for MAC and SmartSDR for windows.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

K6JV

is DAX enabled, if so turn it off

When running remote or computer audio DAX mutes the USB audio no work around that I found running remote for over 2 years.

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭

DAX is turned off

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Okay and you also have selected "PC" as your MIC selection in SmartSDR?

In windows sound devices is the Solo USB interface selected as the default Windows MIC input device?

can you hear your self or see the bar graph moving when you speak into the MIC in Windows sound

manager?

If you have your SmartSDR set this way then I would say you have a MIC Hardware or Windows Hardware issue.

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭

Yes, PC is selected and I can see the graph moving in the Windows sound manager. I also see audio on the panadapter but no audio is getting to the transmitter.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

@K6JV - Hi Doug, what mic do you have selected? I think you may need to change this to PC.

Len, KD0RC

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭

Thanks Len, it is on PC

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

OK. if you unplug the USB mic and set Windows to use the internal PC mic, does that work? Trying to isolate the issue; mic, Windows setup or SSDR settings.

Len

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

So under "Radio setup"- "Phone/CW" you have Enabled (Enable/Disable the level Meter during Receive) and your seeing Audio, Under the TX Tab do you have "TX Inhibit" Enabled? If so it should be Disabled

have you done a Full Hard Factory Reset? That would be about the only thing left that I can think of to do.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.