Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

BCD cable wiring

I have a BCD cable which I would like to use with a band decoder for antenna switching. The wiring diagram for the cable looks like this:

The Flex USB Cable Interface Guide specifies this output pattern for band data:

Which wire on the cable corresponds to which bit? I am tempted to assume that Bit 0 will be on wire 1, Bit 1 on wire 2 etc. But I have been known to be wrong before . . . . .

Tim K9WX

Tagged:

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi Tim,

From page 3 of the USB Cables Interface Guide for the Flex-6000 document:

So you would use Orange (bit 0) through Grey (bit 4). Be careful, the Red wires carries 5 V, so be sure not to short it to ground or any other pin. If you are hooking this up to a band decoder that expects to be powered by the cable, make sure it needs 5 V and not 3.3 V.

Len, KD0RC

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Tim

I found the wire number to Bit as you describe.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭

Thanks, Len KD0RC. That was the info I needed. It seems you are a more careful reader than I am. I appreciate your help.

Tim K9WX

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Glad I could help!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.