Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No audio from PC microphone

I'm trying to use a dynamic USB PC microphone with SSDR 3.1.12 (Flex 6600).

Mic seems to working just fine, and it is set as the default input device in Win10. I select PC in the mic drop down menu in SSDR and use the MOX button for PTT, but no audio... Mic access in Windows is ON.

What am I doing wrong here?

73 Hans Christian LA9AKA

Best Answer

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I know you said the mic "seems to be working fine" what did you do to test that it actually is working ok? Also make sure DAX button is turned off in the p/cw pane.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

@LA9AKA Hans Christian Win10? Make sure your Privacy -> Microphone setting in Windows is allowing SmartSDR to use your microphone.

• @Tim - W4TME The privacy setting for the mic was the first thing I checked. SmartSDR is allowed to use the mic.

@Lou KI5FTY I think you have the answer, it's probably the DAX button in the phone/CW pane! I will check that later on. I have used the test mic function in Win10, I can hear my voice in the speakers connected to the PC.

Thank you both for your kind help!

Hans Christian LA9AKA

• @Lou KI5FTY It was the DAX button! Thank you again for your kind help. I can't believe I missed that one :)

Hans Christian LA9AKA

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭

@LA9AKA Hans Chr. Don't worry it happens to the best of us. How do you think I knew the answer 😎

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

This also works in reverse, when using a digital mode and the Dax button isn’t selected.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.