Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MOX stuck

Paul F6EXV
Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
edited November 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hi all

Struggling for weeks trying to configure Log4OM with JTDX and JTAlert... for 2 sessions (my own call and my club call). Unsuccessfully so far !

Earlier this morning, the TX would go transmit, but no power out. I rebooted, same problem... After a few attemps of having JTDX correctly key the 6500, I am now facing a new problem.

The MOX stays stuck, there is no power out , at the end of my transmit period... When I use the tune on the SmartSDR screen, I do get power out, when JTDX starts transmitting, SmartSDR goes TXing but no power out...

Setup is SmartSDR v2.6.2, JTDX version 2.2.0-rc152, link through Omnirig. That was working perfectly yesterday... As we say in France, "15 minutes before he died, he was still alive" !

Any idea ?

Thanks + 73

Paul F6EXV

Comments

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Paul:

It sounds like the tones from JTDX are not getting to the transmitter. Press (TUNE) on the JTDX screen, on the DAX control panel , can you see the TX stream bar indicating the presence of audio tones? SSDR Control panel, "P/CW pane. Is the "DAX" enabled (BLUE)? (The "TX" box on the DAX panel should be blue if the SSDR DAX button is blue.)

I feel your pain, I have MUCKED up other things in the trouble shooting process causing additional pain.

Gayle K0FLY

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Hi Gayle

Yes, I do see the two DAX buttons blue, I see a red line below the TX **** set when transmuitting.

When I press the Tune button on JTDX, the Flex goes TX withoput power out, and the MOX on the Flex is stuck. If I press the tune button on the Flex, there is power out.

I am afraid I may have to reinstall the whole SDR (and loose prsent configuration, with many CAT for various programs ! Oooohhh s..t ! If I recall correct, uninstalling and reinstalling is not an easy thing to do...

Paul F6EXV

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Hi Gayle

Yes, I do see the two DAX buttons blue, I see a red line below the TX **** set when transmuitting.

When I press the Tune button on JTDX, the Flex goes TX AFTER I RELEASE IT, without power out, and the MOX on the Flex is stuck. If I press the tune button on the Flex, there is power out.

I am afraid I may have to reinstall the whole SDR (and loose prsent configuration, with many CAT for various programs ! Oooohhh s..t ! If I recall correct, uninstal

Paul F6EXV

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Cant't reply here... forum stuck too ?

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

OK, here I go again

Yes, I do see the buttons in blue color, the TX on the DAX panel. Let me describe step by step what is happening :

I press TUNE on JTDX.

I hear a click in the Flex itself, but SmartSDR does not show power out

When I release that tune button, the Flex remains in TX position, no power out, no reception. MOX is stuck in blue.

I need to click on the MOX button to come back to receiving position.

When I tune on the SmartSDR, all is fine. SSB and CW work fine.

My conclusion is the problem is either in JTDX itself (happened right after a reinstallation) or in the communication between the Flex and JTDX.

Paul F6EXV

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020

More info

When I go to the "Radio"Menu of JTDX, click on Test CAT, it goes green but takes about 6 seconds to go green (I think I recall it was almost immediate). Once green, I click on "Test PTT", it goes red and nothing else happen. When I click again, SmartSDR goes TX but no power out. MOX is stuck, I need to click on MOX on SmartSDR to return to receiving.

When not TXing (with ou without power), receiving works fine.

Wjhere is the problem ? In JTDX, in the Flex (hardware or software) ? In the link between the two ?

I am just lost !

Paul F6EXV

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like your getting RF into your network cable between the Radio and Computer somewhere and causing the radio to stop talking intermittently to the computer.

Test this by turning the OUTPUT power way down on JTDX or DAX and see if it continues if it doesn't still have the problem then it is RF interference.

There are tons of helpful to get rid of RFI on the FLEX community.

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Hi Bret

Well, things came back to normal after ... I did nothing !

I have not chanfgged anything at the station for months, not even moved any wire or coax, or whatever...

Suddenly, things work again...

Thanks all + 73

Paul F6EXV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.