Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is There a Way to Reset TX Inhibit on Flex 6600M?

Al Dewey
Al Dewey Member ✭✭

Sometimes in heat of battle using SO2R in a CW Contest, I get a little aggressive and try to switch slices from Radio A to Radio B while Radio A is still transmitting on my 6600M. My objective is to abort transmission on Radio A and start transmitting on Radio B. This is something I try to avoid as it is not really good practice. Sometimes when I do this , I lose TX power on the whole radio and see that "TX Inhibit" is flagged on the Transmit page. Also the Power Indicator (which is usually set to 100) goes from red to gray.

My question is this. Is it possible to re-enable transmission without re-booting the radio? I have not found a way so I usually end up re-booting the radio and power is back. But it means that I have lost a couple minutes or so before I am up and going again.

Again, I realize the best way is for me to avoid switching slices before transmission is complete. I also realize that the TX Inhibit is protecting the finals which is good. However, in the rare instance where this happens, is there a way to get going again quickly without rebooting the radio?

Just wondering.

AL, K0AD

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭

I think you should be able to reset that by going to Menu>TX band setting and clear 'PTT inhibit' of the band in question..

AL, K0VM

• Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭

Al;

That makes sense. I'll try that the next time it happens. Thanks!

Al, K0AD

• Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭

For what it's worth, the solution you suggested did NOT work. The PTT Inhibit does not show up as set on the "TX Band Settings" on the radio. Although I understand the desire to protect the radio , it is frustrating that I cannot reset this flag without restarting the radio. Here is how I can get it to happen:

1) Using N1MM, start a message transmitting on Radio A.

2) Change the focus to radio B and try to start a message transmitting on Radio B BEFORE the message on Radio A is complete.

When I do this, I get an "Inhibit - Out of Band Message" on the radio and the RF Power indication goes gray. The only way I can get power back it to restart the radio.

Again, I realize this is not a good thing for me to do but, in the rare instances that it happens, it would be nice to be able to reset things without restarting the radio.

I think I will check with the N1MM folks to see if there is a solution there.

AL, K0AD

• W7IV
    W7IV Member
    I click on the popup nastygram message in the corner and wait a few moments - it clears itself and you can TX again without reboot...

Paul / W7IV
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

Not knowing your exact setup, it is hard to say exactly what may be going on in your situation. But I can say that the TX Inhibit logic is not designed to require a reboot to recover.

If the radio ends up in a fault condition, the first step is to clear the fault. This may mean ensuring that the TX REQ RCA input is in the right state if this input is in use. Then it may be necessary to unkey the radio to clear the fault. That should be all there is to it and then keying again should work.

If this is not the case, it would be great to get details about your setup and how to make the problem happen so that we can reproduce the issue and work to get it resolved.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.