Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Upgrade maestro and 6400 to 3.1.8. Maestro cannot find the radio

Options

Upgraded my Maestro and 6400 from 2.6 to 3.1.8 for the second time. I tried this several months ago and I had to go back to 2.6 for the maestro to find the radio.

Trying it again today. On the Maestro I updated to 3.1.8. screen showed both the Maestro and 6400 being upgraded. No radio available . Rebooted both the 6400 and Maestro. When the Mastro first comes on I can select my 6400. Hit Connect and select v3.1.8 and run. The meters and menu come up. Very briefly it shows a small scope but that quickly goes away. Then goes back to currently no radios available. Everything worked perfect under 2.49 and 2.6, but nothing under 3.1.8. I have tried rebooting everything many times with no improvement. 6400 does show solid green light. Back of 6400 Shows a green light when the LAN cable is plugged in. Maestro screen shows "The radio does not have an Internet connection...." press Test on the screen and get a green dot. Press info on Maestro screen and Serial # shows up, Max Licensed Version: v3, Radio id, Radio IP, Radio Internet: NONE, Radio firmware: v3.1.8.145.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank-you, Bob W0RJE

Comments

• Huskerbobe
    Huskerbobe Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options

Went to my PC, radio showed up and ran v3.1.12, went through updates and the 6400 worked with the computer. Went to the Maestro and downloaded and ran 3.1.12 and it worked with the Maestro!

Thank-you, Bob W0RJE

• Huskerbobe
    Huskerbobe Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options

Everything seems to work perfect, even my iPad SDR. Must be something with 3.1.8 that it didn't work.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

And you should use 3.1.12 instead of 3.1.8 since it includes the fix to help protect against SD card corruption.

Dave wo2x

• Huskerbobe
    Huskerbobe Member ✭✭
    Options

I have gone through the SD card corruption. Maybe that was when I tried to upgrade last time.

• Huskerbobe
    Huskerbobe Member ✭✭
    Options

Update two weeks later: Everything has worked perfect under 3.1.12. Love the radio and new software. Maybe going to upgrade from the 6400 to the 6600.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.