Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is status for smartSDR for MAC OS with the new Apple M1 processor?

What is status for smartSDR for MAC OS with the new Apple M1 processor? Or right now are we still only able to use MACs with intel processor?

Best Answer

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Answer ✓

It is supported on the latest version of the application.

Answers

• Pete - W6OP
    Pete - W6OP Member ✭✭

I'll let you know when I get mine in early December. I would expect it to work with little or no effort from Marcus.

• Andy Holman
    Andy Holman Member ✭✭

The Rosetta v2 on the new ARM processors is supposed to work on x86 apps and do the code translation

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭

I’ll be watching this thread intently. My new MacBook Pro with M1 chip will be delivered towards the end of December (2020).

• Andy Holman
    Andy Holman Member ✭✭

I am running SmartSDR for Mac on my MacMini with the M1 processor without any issues.

• Pete - W6OP
    Pete - W6OP Member ✭✭

Runs great on my M1 MackBook Pro.

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭

It appears that that the current version (1.4.23) is still an Intel compiled app and not universal. Do we know when Marcus is planning on making it a universal binary app?