Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

VFO A sync VFO B on same band ???

is it possibel to get VFO A & B to sync..... I need it because I run EME an have 2 transverter vertical & horizontal , so I can decode jt65 signal on both plane at the same time and frequensy..(144mhz)
just got my Flex 6600 so there is a lot of menu to learn ;-)

73" OZ1CT Ben

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Ben, both VFOs can be put on the same frequency, but there is not an A=B button. There is not a control that moves A and B together. You could build a device to do that using a Raspberry Pi and Node Red or by using an Arduino or Teensy and the IW7DMH library.

Len, KD0RC

• Hi Len, tnx fer fast reply. I normaly run HPSDR on my Anan-100d and there we have a "VFO sync" option, so why not the same her in SmartSDR.... do you have any ide or link to a projekt so I can get it to work ???

Ben
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

You can do this with the M models with the A><B button.

• [{"insert":"Hi Neil\nI have a 6600 model and it has to be in the software 🤔\nBen\n"}]
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭

I would seem that A=B on non M models would use the same piece of software as the M. I'll vote for the A=B capability. True, it can be done using other software or hardware except that "system" could look like my C-Line with many interconnect cables, some hardware, some software"cables."

No doubt the Flex software development team is working hard to implement some of the requested as well as their own revisions. Maybe A=B is just one more thing with no time to implement.

A=B is a good idea.

• Hi Lionel
    tnx fer reply, I would like to have it, just as when I run HPSDR whit my Anan-100D.

I sold my Anan-100D and buy this Flex6600 but there is already many things I miss... today I try to put up a 2m-Transverter on 1 slice and 80m on anothere slice... so I could receive on both but it dident work :-(
    BUT I am new in this flex world (10day) so I hope it is me that doing somthing wrong ;-)

73" OZ1CT Ben
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭

DXLab Commander has A, B, A=B, AxB functions. I use this app though it means another window open.

It would be better to have A=B native to SSDR.

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭

FRstack will do the A=B. The "copy to" feature can VFO from/to the 6600 as well as a from/to a Maestro.

This is an ultra handy app.

Also, Stream Deck is a device to consider as the keys are easily "programmable" using various radio functions. A custom icon for the keys can be made. At this station a "SWL" group was developed in the push button radio style with the station ID icons taken from the stations websites.

2m + 80m ==> Not sure....

• At the moment I go whit Lionel idea "better to have A=B native to SSDR" it should be an easy task for the programmers at Flexradio ... so it's probably coming in the next version :smiley:
  • Tom OK1DWQ
    Tom OK1DWQ Member ✭✭
    > @Bent said:
    > At the moment I go whit Lionel idea "better to have A=B native to SSDR" it should be an easy task for the programmers at Flexradio ... so it's probably coming in the next version :smiley:

And VFO A>B+5 (on SSB) and VFO A>B+1 on CW
  • Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭

It would be great to have this feature in those units that have 2 SCR's. I like looking at different antennas rather than just hearing them.

Bill AB7AA

• Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭

It would be great to have this feature in those units that have 2 SCR's. I like looking at different antennas rather than just hearing them.

Bill AB7AA

• WD4EGF
    WD4EGF Member ✭✭

Ben, try activating your DIV (diversity) button. This will lock both SCUs together to RX with... set one to RX A input, One to RX B input (or XTVA and XTVA B for for non split IF xvtr's). I would love to have a dual xvtr arrangement as you have! One great reason to have a 6600.

73, Don

wd4egf

• HI Don

Yes it works just what I need, so now the software guys at Flexradio dont have to work **** my wish here for Christmas

and Yes I am happy for my 6600, just made a single transverter IF-switch for 4 transverter so you can have 8 transverter on the 6600 and together whit my BCD14+7 board it is complet system to control all you need.... only thing I now need is what software use the DAX-IQ out ??? as it is not possible to use it to MAP65 from K1JT...

73" OZ1CT Ben

• WD4EGF
    WD4EGF Member ✭✭

Ben, I have no experience with MAP65, but you say it doesn't work with the Flex?

I did try just using WSJT-x with its input set to DAXIQ 1, and activating IQ Stream 1 in the DAX panel, and this seemed to work, at least it printed signals from FT8. I did have to enable IQ Stream number 1 in the DAX panel though. It was not immediately apparent until I noticed the drop down for IQ streams separate from standard RX streams.

I'm not sure the IQ stream sends 2 separate channels for the 2 SCU Rx outputs though, with Diversity enabled, and maybe that's the limitation there.

Can you use MAP65 with standard RX streams instead? I know that limits you to a smaller RX bandwidth though.

For future needs, I'd love to hear what you find out.

Thanks and 73,

Don

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Brent, you may want to take a look at FRstack and StreamDeck. FRstack is a 3rd party free software that will do what you want and tons more and StreamDeck is a USB device that has buttons to program to trigger events. I see what you want to do, initiat A = B sync, so will have to be updated every x seconds. I'll check the feature list in FRstack but the Mark the developer may want to add a auto sync feature to FRstack, you listening Mark?

Anyways, checkout this link to my QRZ page for an explanation and link to what you need. See below, for example I created a SWAP button that then allow me to swap slice A with any slice.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

FOLLOWUP: If found an FRstack feature that might be useful to you Brent.

Sync Clients' A, B Slices - Syncs client's A and B slices with each other

Sync Client Slices feature will keep clients' slices in sync with each other. The purpose is to allow the use of Maestro as a control surface for SmartSDR when co-located. You must not bind to a client for this feature to work.

• Hi Mike

WD4EGF Don send me this idea and it works just as I need it to worke:

>Ben, try activating your DIV (diversity) button. This will lock both SCUs together to RX with... set one to RX A input, One to RX B input >(or XTVA and XTVA B for for non split IF xvtr's). I would love to have a dual xvtr arrangement as you have! One great reason to have >a 6600.

>73, Don

73" OZ1CT Ben

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.