Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

High SWR Alarm on PGXL only on 160m

I am using a Flex 6700 with the PGXL.
I have no problems with running full power on any band except 160.
I generally use Meffa which allows the amplifier to run cooler.
However, I recently got set up on 160m and tried to run the amp.
As long as I run 500w or less, it works fine. However, if I try to run more power, I get the High SWR alarm and the amp faults. that is with Meffa OFF. IF I turn Meffa on, then it faults at any power level above 250w.
The SWR on the antenna is less than 1.4/1
I can run the Flex 6700 at full barefoot power with no problem.
Do I have a problem with the PGXL?

Comments

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

I would suggest to open support ticket. I had a similar issue on 160m and my PGXL went back to Flex. I was getting High SWR on 160m between 400-900watts. When I got it back all seems working fine,

Sergey, KN7K

• Thanks Sergey. I will do as suggested.
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭

As a test to get information try to compare using a 50 ohm load. It will be helpful for help desk.

sounds like a filter problem.

Bill W9JJB

• It Looks like this is a known issue and a new firmware release is being readied that is intended to address this problem and a few others.

Presley W5PD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.