Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Setup RTTY contesting with Flex-6700, N1MM+ Logger -- Help

Options

I had a recent severe crash of my N1MM+ / Flex 6700. Been an avid RTTY contester with Flex/N1MM+ since the beginning of Flexradio.

I am now trying to re-establish my Flex RTTY contest station.

Looking for someone to help me restore the Flex/N1MM+. I have made progress but not quite ready to go.

Are there new how-to guides from Flex on this subject? I get a lot of "oops!" pages on this site and cannot get the documents.

Would appreciate any Elmer to work with me.

Tnx and 73

Mike N1MD

Answers

• K5XH
    K5XH Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike,

You didn't say what decoder you were using or if you want to do SO2R type operation. I have been using MMTTY and 2Tone along with N1MM+ for several years now with my 6600.

A couple of years ago I used a document off the Flex Wiki to help get me started. Google "Setup for SO2R Mode with a Flex-6700 and N1MM+". It is for SO2R type operation but it should give you some help in setting up for single radio operation.

It has been some time since I went through the complete setup. If I can help with anything specific please feel free to ask.

73, Mark K5XH

• Mike_N1MD
    Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the help, Mark!

I have been using 2Tone for years as well. It has been my primary RTTY vehicle. I have mainly used MMTTY as a receive-only window.

Over the last several days I have almost completed the resurrection of my RTTY setup. I am going to try using the SO2R approach though I will only operate as single radio configuration. There might be some interesting advantages, as you seem to concur.

I will try to find the document you reference. Appreciate the help.

In the next several days I am hoping to complete the reconstruction of the N1MM+ RTTY setup. With luck I might be able to take the vehicle for a spin during WAE.

Thank you for the perspective and offer of specific help!

Mike N1MD

• Robby
    Robby Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. I competed in a RTTY contest recently with no problems but now I cannot get anywhere. I spent 5 or 6 hours on it yesterday with only limited success.

I first noticed I was in trouble when I turned on the radio and had no sidetone monitor for CW. I had read of complaints about that but mine was working. Now it isn't.

I have a 6400 running SSDR v3.1.12 and N1MM+. I operate with one radio. I understand that's **** and old fashioned but I only have one.

I have screen shots of all config and settings screens in SSDR, N1MM and MMTTY taken when it was working. They are not helping me.

I originally had an issue with DAX not loading with SSDR. I was advised to uninstall SSDR and re-install it. I wish I had not done that. It sounds easy but It wasn't. When I reinstalled, all my profiles and other settings were still there ?? but yes, DAX is loading now but not working. I guess it only partially uninstalled.

So far I have managed to get macro data printing in the digital window on N1MM, I can hear the tones but they are not being transmitted. The DAX window shows the RX stream but does not show anything on TX.

CW gone. RTTY gone. Robby not happy.

HP3SS

• Robby
    Robby Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. I competed in a RTTY contest recently with no problems but now I cannot get anywhere. I spent 5 or 6 hours on it yesterday with only limited success.

I first noticed I was in trouble when I turned on the radio and had no sidetone monitor for CW. I had read of complaints about that but mine was working. Now it isn't.

I have a 6400 running SSDR v3.1.12 and N1MM+. I operate with one radio.

I have screen shots of all config and settings screens in SSDR, N1MM and MMTTY taken when it was working. They are not helping me.

I originally had an issue with DAX not loading with SSDR. I was advised to uninstall SSDR and re-install it. I wish I had not done that. It sounds easy but It wasn't. When I reinstalled, all my profiles and other settings were still there ?? but yes, DAX is loading now (but not working.)

So far I have managed to get macro data printing in the digital window on N1MM, I can hear the tones but they are not being transmitted. The DAX window shows the RX stream but does not show any TX.

Robby/HP3SS

• Pierre_VE3KTB
    Options
    While participating in the WAE RTTY yesterday, I had multiple instances in which I was unable to transmit. I use N1MM+ with MMTTY and GRiTTY as a second receiver. On one occasion, after having left the radio for some time, I went back and was surprised to not be able to make contacts. I finally clued into the fact that when I hit the button to send my call-sign, that I was not seeing any transmit signal. I found the DAX Tx button to be yellow. I clicked it and it went back to working. Later, it happened again, but from one search and pounce contact to the next. It happened a third time in similar circumstances.

I am new to the radio and SSDR/DAX/CAT having had it for only a couple of weeks and have other than this small glitch been quite happy with it.

Pierre VE3KTB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.