Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Node Red?

Hello all, where does one get the Node Red Console?

Best Answers

• KR5OG Paul K
    KR5OG Paul K Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Dave, thanks, I had forgot about the io group.

I will go and check it out.

Paul KR5OG

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Paul

Paste this command into your Raspberry Pi terminal. This will install everything you need to run Node-Red.

bash <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/node-red/linux-installers/master/deb/update-nodejs-and-nodered)

You can read more and see where this command comes from here:

Alan

WA9WUD

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Paul

Assume you have installed Node-Red, added the dashboard nodes to your pallet and built a flow with dashboard.

Now, how to see the dashboard....

On any browser, enter: <IP address of device running Node Red>:1880/ui

If that was not your question, please ask again.

Alan WA9WUD

• KR5OG Paul K
    KR5OG Paul K Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Thanks Alan. Actually I have not installed node red on my computer. I keep looking for a outline of where to start. (A map of sorts) Yesterday I found some information but it took me to a node.js but was not sure this was what was needed, Should I use the LTS or the Current version of node.js.
    Any help with this would be well appreciated.
    Thank you
    Paul
    KR5OG
  • KR5OG Paul K
    KR5OG Paul K Member ✭✭
    Alan, I have now installed the node.js program using the LTS version.
    I am at this position, see image.
    Paul
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Paul,

I run Node Red on a Raspberry Pi. We have a Node Red for Ham Radio groups.io group. The group site has over 200 members who can assist with any questions you may have. In the WiKi section of the site I have written a WiKi on setting up a Raspberry Pi from scratch with Node Red, .Net, and FRStack. It would then be ready to install your first flow.

In the file section there are people (myself included) who share our flows for various equipment and the Flex 6000 series radios.

You will need to join to access the file section and WiKi but membership is free.

Dave wo2x

• KR5OG Paul K
    KR5OG Paul K Member ✭✭

WahooO, I have Node-Red running on my PC.

Thank you Alan wa9wud and Dave wo2x, you guys were a great help.

now I will attempt to download and import some flows and the dashboard.

Isn't technology wonderful!

Paul

kr5og

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.