Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Band switching issue

6600M at times when switching bands to 80m, will have no signals. I have to switch to another band then back to 80m and most times 80m comes to life with signals. Any ideas why?

Thank you, Brian

K0BUS

Comments

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Brian K0BUS

I wonder if that’s what happened to me yesterday on my 6400M. I was running it from my iPad and went into the shack. Brought up SmartSDR on my Windows 7 machine. It was like all signals on 80m were gone... I went back to the iPad and switched to 80m signals were back.

Ed KA9EES

• Brian  K0BUS
    Brian K0BUS Member ✭✭

I guess if someone doesnt have an idea i will need to open a ticket.

• Brian  K0BUS
    Brian K0BUS Member ✭✭

Ok i opened a ticket for this and another issue.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi @ka9ees Ed. When you opened SmartSDR on the laptop, did you check to be sure that the receive antenna was selected correctly? Could explain why it works on one platform and not the other.

Len, KD0RC

• Brian  K0BUS
    Brian K0BUS Member ✭✭

I haven't used a laptop. And in fact last night it did it to 40m. So it looks like its not band specific.

• Brian  K0BUS
    Brian K0BUS Member ✭✭

Its just tiresome, 2nd Flex, 2nd set of issues. My middle name must be Murphy.

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Hi ALL:

Several weeks ago I had an issue where the radio would receive on antenna 1 but would transmit only on ant 2 even though TX Ant 1 was selected in SSDR . A factory reset brought operation back to normal. Have you tried a reset? If you do save your profiles.

By the way I'm using Flex 6500 and SSDR version 2.6.2.

What I experienced is different from the band switching problem but could be similar.

Gayle K0FLY

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@KD0RC

I don't recall right now. I've slept since then. Here's the thing. Considering band conditions that day. Even if I had been on (ANT2 PRO-57B). I should have heard something on 75m (ANT1 75m dipole). There was nothing there. I still can't say for sure something was going wrong with the rig.

Ed KA9EES

• Brian  K0BUS
    Brian K0BUS Member ✭✭

I can because when i switched back and forth, bam, the signals appeared.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

@ka9ees

Hi Ed, I was thinking of RXA or XVTA ports which often have nothing connected. I mentioned it because once I was playing with an Elecraft XG1 signal generator to see if the Flex S Meter was in agreement with the XG1 (it is!). I turned off the XG1, but forgot to switch the antenna back from RXA. Took me a minute to figure out what was wrong... Has the problem recurred on your Win 7 machine?

Len

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.