Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New flex 3000 owner, Firewire problems

I have Windows 10 and have installed and removed and reinstalled power sdr a couple times. When I open the flex radio program it says no device found. My device manager says I have a working 1394 OHCI compliant Host Controller, but the rig software is not seeing it. I looked at the trouble shooting article, when I click system>scan now button, It says looking for host controllers, Then says could not find online data, then says done. I have a internet connection on this PC. Its the one I'm using now. This has too be something simple, Too many people are still using this rig with Win 10, The green activity light inside the firewire port is lit, Any help would be great
Thank you

Comments

• When you first ran the power SDR software did it install a firewire driver there are specific instructions in the power SDR startup to do this. 73 Morris WA4MIT

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭

It all depends or your PC and your firewire card. Read this article: https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206605796-Selecting-High-Performance-Firewire-Cards-for-the-FLEX-5000-and-FLEX-3000

I use either a PANASONIC Toughbook or a GETAC S400 notebook. Both have firewire and work with the Flex-3k firewire driver.

73, Alex - DH2ID

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I have bought two different brands of firewire cards and neither one of those have worked and the ones i know that have worked have been out of stock for 6 months or more.

If anyone finds a card that works please let the group know, I do know the that the Startech do NOT work at least for me, I tried 2 of them and they don't work.

• The firewire driver did install. When I purchased the radio the seller supplied two firewire cards.The card I was using with the TI chipset did not work
  • sorry for breaking up my reply, Server error dropped me out, I installed the card with a Via chipset and it works fine, I tried the other Ti chipset based card first, It seemed to be the preferred chip. The radio is working great. Thank you for the replies. 73
  • W7ZAR
    W7ZAR Member
    [{"insert":"What card worked for you? I can’t seem to get my 3k to work either. I have VIA card chipset. Need a link to the card to buy.
    Dan.
  • W7ZAR
    W7ZAR Member
    > @"Jeff Wysong" said:
    > sorry for breaking up my reply, Server error dropped me out, I installed the card with a Via chipset and it works fine, I tried the other Ti chipset based card first, It seemed to be the preferred chip. The radio is working great. Thank you for the replies. 73
    >

Hey which card did you buy to get the rig working?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.