Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RF Gain control doesn't work with SmartControl

Options
Andrew Rodland
Andrew Rodland Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Maestro
I have a Flex 6400M, and also a separate Maestro, both running 3.1.8. I've been playing around with using the Maestro in SmartControl mode to change some of the options on the session I've got running on the 6400's front panel. Everything seems to work well, except that the RF Gain control (accessed via the slice antenna selector on the Maestro) does nothing! The slider moves, but levels don't change at all, and I've confirmed by snooping in the API that nothing is being updated.

If I create a separate session with its own slice on the Maestro (non SmartControl) then the RF Gain control there does operate, so this seems to be a SmartControl issue.

Best Answer

Answers

• Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    Options

I don't have an external Maestro Andrew, but I do have a Flex 6400M and I just noticed that when using the 6400M in SmartControl Mode I am unable to change the RF Gain on the windows SmartSDR Client. This prompted me to come here and see if others have had this issue. I was happy to see your post, but discouraged no one had replied back to it. Do you have any further info on this Andrew?

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

May be a good idea to submit a helpdesk ticket so that the issue gets logged and prioritized.

Len, KD0RC

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Andrew Rodland

I just checked mine and it works fine. Any reason you haven't updated to v3.1.12?

Ed KA9EES

• arodland
    arodland Member ✭✭
    Options

@ka9ees 3.1.12 wasn't released back in April.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@arodland It's available now.

Ed KA9EES

• arodland
    arodland Member ✭✭
    Options

Sure is. What made you assume I'm not running it?

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@arodland

Because original post said v3.1.8.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.