Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I open profile manager? When I click the manager doesn't open.

I reset the radio and removed and reloaded smart sdr and the problem persists.

Best Answer

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Answer ✓

I suspect that the window is off screen which can happen when you change your monitor configuration. The easiest way to recover this is by resetting the SSDR.settings file by deleting it from the "%APPDATA%\FlexRadio Systems" folder and restarting SmartSDR.

Answers

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

Profiles does not manage profiles from the point of manipulating settings. That is done from the radios settings only. Saving and naming these profiles is were the actual profile exits. You MUST export your newly created profile to memory, for it to be available in case of loss of profile, due to a factory reset for example, at which you would import the needed profile. It does not get automatically saved as persistence settings do. So it is a two step process to be permanently save a profile.

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Hi Bob:

My "GUESS" is that one of the security apps on you PC is stopping the Profile Manager from opening. Maybe someone more familiar with PC security apps can help you.

Gayle K0FLY

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

That is a good point.....👍

• [{"insert":"I'll turn off malware bytes and McAfee and see what happens.\n\nBob KG5MQQ\n"}]
  • Turning off the antivirus and malware bytes did not help
  • I had added an additional monitor, I deleted the ssdr.settings file and restarted SmartSDR and it worked.

Thank you,

Robert KG5MQQ
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Robert:

Thanks for the feedback, good catch. That is some thing to keep in mind for the future. I know that when I added a second monitor, Windows messed with my USB ports, then my second hard drive was lost until Win 10 found it several days later.

Gayle K0FLY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.