Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Microphone setting PR-781

Recommended settings for Heil PR-781 and FLEX 6000

Answers

• something like that here, but obviously it depends on a lot of criteria… (screenshot from SmartSDR for Mac).

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

Jean-Luc I'd say that's a pretty safe group of settings for most microphones. For mics with more brilliance dial back the 1-4K boosts, for mics with more bottom end either reduce or go flat with the bottom end.

I have an INrad M629 on this 6500. 63hz is useless for anything, my 125, 250 are flat and then I boost about like your Mic Jean.

If one hung a D104 on the radio (with matching of course). The curve would be much more different. But Dynamics, and Condensers one would be quite safe with this sort of curve. For DXING I just flip on the processor then. Have a nice day.

Erika DD

• Erika I must admit that I no longer use the PR781 too much (which is a very good microphone) but I use a very inexpensive headset connected to the Flex6500 which leaves my hands free, which does not compress my ears and isolates me well from ambient noise (but not too much!), and I have not yet had a complaint about the quality of my transmissions! :-)

73' Jean-Luc / F5JRC

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

I would be cautious with that much boost at 4K, especially with a transmit bandwidth upper limit of 3k or similar. This could generate peaks that could be clipped by the transmit filter, creating harmonic distortion. Consider sliding all the freqs down so that the 1k 2k are flat, so it is the same shape curve. General rule is to cut before boost. Can’t boost what isn’t there.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

Using the radio set up for Full Duplex, is a great way to figure out your microphone behavior and get a great sound, that satisfies the operator. Search for the procedure it is well documented. I use a Shure SM7B and using the FD technique made some well appreciated adjustments in all the audio chain adjustments. One in particular that caused distortion and others that made the sound really sweet.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.