Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mouse wheel changes frequency in only one direction when in CW mode?

It works OK in SSB mode. I have tried different types of mouse with the same result. Has anyone had this problem?

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Hermie, assuming that you are using SmartSDR with a 6000 series Flex. If different mice didn't help, try a different computer if you can. Is this on a laptop? If so, you might want to disable the mouse pad to see if that is in the way. I had to disable mine when a mouse is connected because I kept dragging my hand across the trackpad causing goofy behavior of all kinds of things (not just SmartSDR).

Len, KD0RC

• hermie
    hermie Member ✭✭
    Yes, using a 6400. Mouse pad probably not cause as i have laptop closed because using external monitor and keyboard. Another piece of info, up/down tuning doesn't work both ways when step size is one, but works OK on larger step sizes.
  • KD0RC

That is odd... Maybe time to uninstall SmartSDR and reinstall it.

Len

• hermie
    hermie Member ✭✭
    Reinstalled Smart SDR. Still have same issue.
  • KD0RC

Do you have any other equipment or software connected/running that has control of the radio? For example a FlexControl tuning knob or a DJ control box running Node Red? I would start by disconnecting any peripheral gear that can control the rig. Also shut down any software that looks at or controls the rig (things like DDUTIL, loggers, WSJT, CW Skimmer and Slice Master). The idea is to find anything that might be trying to control the rig out from under you.

Len

• hermie
    hermie Member ✭✭
    Nothing connected or running that could control rig.
  • hermie
    hermie Member ✭✭
    Nothing seems to fix it, so unless somebody can say it works for them i assume it is a software issue. I have a Maestro so can use Smart control to tune. I like using the knobs better anyway.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, I tested this on my 6400 running ver 3.1.12 running on a win 7 desktop using one monitor. It is connected through a switch, no other software, no Dax, no cat, etc. set the tuning step to one from 10, and the mouse changes the free up and down in steps of 1.

• hermie
    hermie Member ✭✭
    Mine works ok when running Smart SDR for windows also. However it doesn't work when running smart SDR for Mac.