Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice A and B audio levels

Hello
When I activate a second slice on the same band the audio is lower, even if I delete the original slice the audio stays lower.
IE slice A audio set to 50 slice B audio set to 50, slice B always stays a lot lower in level even if I delete slice A.
Am I missing a setting someplace, or is this normal?
Setup,
Smart SDR v 3.1.12.51
Flex 6600

George N1naz

Comments

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭

Are the equalizer settings the same? How about the AGC, NB, NR, etc?

Bob, WK2Y

• George M.
    George M. Member ✭✭
    Yes all the settings are the same, triple check them all.
  • George M.
    George M. Member ✭✭
    Just to be clear this is activating a new Slice on the same band not a new Pan Adapter on the same band. Opening a new Pan Adapter the audio levels are the same between them.
  • Ken - VE5KC
    Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
    This is nothing new, it has be a problem for a long time. If you search the forum you will fine it has been talked about before.

It needs to be fixed!

A work around was recommended. Change the mode of the slice with low audio, then change it back to the mode you want.

73.. Ken - VE5KC
  • George M.
    George M. Member ✭✭

Thanks Ken for the info, I did do a search but came up empty, I will try again.

George

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭

Tested on 6500 with current V3 S-SDR and two slices on same panadapter have same audio level.

_..--

Tim - k3Tim/7

• George M.
    George M. Member ✭✭

Thanks Again Ken, changing the mode back and forth makes both slices the same level, and yes it needs to be fixed

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.