Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

operating remotely

Arnold Goldman
Arnold Goldman Member ✭✭
still learning with my 6600M with the maestro; do I have to leave my radio on to operate remotely? tnx I'm still learning

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Arnold, that is the easiest option, but you can also buy a WiFi connected remote switch that works over the internet to remotely power up your Flex. That does mean keeping your power supply running or using a remote switch to power on and off the supply (making sure that the remote switch is powered separately...). In my case, I bought a "Smart Controller - 4CH" model SANT-4ch for around $20 from Amazon. I use one channel to remotely power on/off the Flex 6400 and the other three channels to switch among 3 antennas. I connected the remote switch to an antenna switch kit I got on ebay. I can use my cell phone to control the power to the Flex and to select among the antennas. The app is eWeLink and runs on my Android phone. I believe they have an Apple version as well.

I think that the remote switch is rated to switch 120 V and maybe 240 V (not sure how much current), but I think I would add relays before switching mains power with it. I do not power on and off my main supply. If I am going to run remote, I just leave it on.

Len, KD0RC

• tnx i have the kassa remote switch but that works fine at home; love the radio used to running boatanchors (collins, efj, old yaesu 1000D ) so this is all new to me tnx ; ill try to just leave in on; i assume it doesnt burn the screen and unplug the mike, TNX
  • now i get the following screen says no internet but bottom left says it is connected??

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@ARNOLD GOLDMAN Is your rig plugged into the router? Or the computer? Looks to me like you're plugged into the computer. If that's the case. The only thing visible is the rig to the computer. I was having the problem of seeing the rig outside the network, but not connecting. I had to go to static IP addresses.

Ed KA9EES

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Arnold, I don't have an M series or Maestro so I am not real familiar with the screens that you are looking at. That being said, I think the confusion is over "Network Connectivity" (LAN) vs. "Internet Connectivity" (WAN). As Ed mentions above, you could be connected to your LAN but not connected to the Internet. If you could describe your network connections or post a quick drawing it would help to debug your situation. For example, here is my setup:

1. DSL line from wall to Modem/Router

2. Ethernet cable from Modem/Router to Netgear 1 GB switch

3. Flex6400 and computer plugged into Netgear switch with ethernet cables

Len, KD0RC

• yes the rig and computer are connected to the router; ill double check tnx for your comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.