Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Connecting N1MM

Has anyone gotten N1MM to connect with SSDR for Mac? If you have can you give me some clues how? I'm running N1MM in Parallels.

Thanks,

Jon...kf2e

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Run Mac SDR as the Flex Client.

On the Parallels Desktop (I like to use Coherence Mode, so each windows app is on the same desktop as the Mac apps), Start Window apps: DAX, CAT and N1MM.

Configure each per normal windows instructions for N1MM interface.

Alan

WA9WUD

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭

How do you configure the connection between the radiio and N1MM? You can't have com ports with SSDR for Mac.

Jon...kf2e

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Jon

Perhaps I do not fully understand what you want to do.

Regards "COM" ports, correct, Mac does not use "COM" ports.

For CAT, you do not need a serial connection with the Mac, you need serial connections between N1MM and the Flex Server. Set up your CAT, PTT, and WINKEYER ports using Windows Smart SDR CAT.

Smart CAT:

N1MM:

or.....are you asking about "Audio" to/from the Mac/N1MM. I have not tried that, but think a combination of xDAX and Loopback would work.

xDAX:

Loopback:

Alan

WA9WUD

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭

Alan,

Thanks so much this info is exactly what I needed.

Jon...kf2e

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

Jon

More on getting Audio from N1MM to Mac SDR via xDAX......if you meant Audio?

Here is a screen shot of the Mac Audio Preferences. Note the "wires" from Loopback are available on the Mac side for audio input and output. Parallels will get the N1MM audio in/out to the "default" Mac Audio in/out.

Alan

• Chip Swett
    Chip Swett Member ✭✭

One of the great things about SSDR/Mac is that I rarely have to venture over to the PC side anymore. You might prefer an all Mac contest experience. Here's my setup for using the contest module of RumlogNG. This does most of what N1MM does. In this implementation, I have integrated the Voice Keyer features of RumlogNG which allow automatic voice keying for most contest QSO elements.