Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

reset in Remote

Options
Hello to you ,
I am going to install my radio to do ` Remote` at + - 80 miles from the house.
Should we provide a reset system if there is a communication problem?
is it better to put an on / off switch on the 12 V power supply or use only the 3.5mm shunt at the back?
have you ever had to `restart`?
thank you for your experience, i`m new user Flexradio 6400
best regard ,
Patrick

Comments

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I would recommend doing both. There are times when a full power down instead of a logical shutdown is required.

To be fully protected against all eventualities, including something happening to your SmartLink account, some also provide a relay connection to PTT for resetting SmartLink. I’m sure you will get lots of advice here.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Options

Running Remote it is one of the MOST important things you can do is to build remote Resets. You really want to be able to reset your Router, Ethernet switch's, Radio remote off/on and DC power the radio off/on and Antenna Relay or some way to disconnect the Antenna's if your expecting Lightning.

I would also provide a way to remote the PTT switch if you want to have a way to FIX your SmartLink if it ever gets corrupted and stops working.

I have 2- 8 port remote switch's which are being used.

If you use DLI WEB power switch's and WEB DIN switch's you can program them to auto Ping devices like your Router and Ethernet switch to reboot them if they lock up.

• Mark Aaker K6UFO
    Options

Yes, I have done "restart" about once a month, on a very heavily used Flex 6600. I may have been able to straighten things out using other methods, but having a restart ability made it easier. I use a DLI web power switch

https://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html

and a "short" in the remote jack on the back. I can turn off the power supply, wait 2 minutes, turn the power back on, and wait 2 minutes for the Flex to bootup.

Mark K6UFO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.