Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Midi Control Buttons

I am thrilled to be a new user of SmartSDR for Mac and just bought a Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 midi controller for the software. I have perused the list of controls that can be assigned to midi ids or buttons on the controller but was wondering if this list will grow. I would love to have the ability to push a button to change over to a specific band as opposed to using the software to complete the three click process to change bands. Has anyone figured out a way to assign a specific band choice to a midi button or are you aware of plans for this function?

Comments

• k3pw
    k3pw Member ✭✭
    There are so many options available already I had to go to the mappings list to verify that band selection was not there. You are correct, I did not find them as options. Marcus is very responsive to email. If you’d like to request this as a future enhancement, you can send him an email. Go to the SmartSDR/Preferences and the Information and Support tab. You’ll find a Contact Developer link there.
  • Thanks, I'll definitely drop him a note.

• You are absolutely correct in saying that Marcus responds quickly. He responded to my suggestion within an hour or so and has added the frequency band midi controller options in the next update.

• k3pw
    k3pw Member ✭✭

That’s great news Richard. Thanks for the update. My only problem now is deciding which buttons to remap to add my favorite bands. lol