Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CAT PTT does not allow MIC-2 to be used for Maestro w SO2R SSB?

Hi, I tried to do SO2R SSB this weekend with two footswitches routed via USB FTDI chip to RTS and DTS on VCOM Ports on PC with 3.1.12 CAT and a Maestro. Switching different slices on different bands works fine but there was no audio allowed from the Maestro MIC-2 line. Why? What did I miss?

Is there another way to do SO2R SSB with a Maestro?

Comments

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I had nothing but problems with Foot Switch PTT using the FTDI chipset cables to the PC and I tried a bunch of them, I had a Prolific chipset cable in my USB Comport box and have ran it for about a year now with ZERO problems being used for my Local PTT switch or Foot switch.

The USB Prolific cable will NOT work on the Radio's USB port so you may want to label it to keep it separated

I think that the REAL FTDI chipset cables RTS/DTS has lost something in the past few years that Real COM ports use for Modem support I think it is the Correct pull up voltage / Current.

• Hi Bret, thanks for the input. Well I got it working with good FTDI USB to serial adapters.

So there seems to be a problem with the MIC signal chain.

73 Kari SM0HRP

• George-SV9DJO
    George-SV9DJO Member ✭✭
    Hi Kari, i try to do the same with but with smartsdr not maestro, the result is that the MOX is blue while pressing footswitch (over FTDI USB2serial) no TX power but you can see audio level-compression moving so the audio reaching radio but no power out. Typical one of three times TXing while pressing foot switch. Running latest 3.1.12
  • Hi George,

Interesting note. I remember not to have seen any MIC signal at all w the Maestro.

73 Kari

• W0PC
    W0PC Member

Just received my new 6600M model and want to use my B model Maestro with it remotely like I did with the old 6400M. CW works fine but no SSB. Can't select a mic. It jumps around when I'm trying to select "M-Line".

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Rick, do you need to select a different mic jack on the M panel before using it on the Maestro?

Len. KD0RC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.