Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Powered Speakers for Flex Radios

Arvind Mallya
Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭

Maybe this has already being discussed before. What kind of powered speakers do members here use? I tried the usual computer speakers and could not hear any audio. Is there a way to route the audio to the computer audio output?

Comments

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

are you on a M version radio or SmartSDR?

On SmartSDR at the top right make sure you have the Speaker ICON not muted and turned the volume up

Also there is another Speaker Icon on the Slice Click on it and make sure you have the Speaker slider turned up a way's

If you want to run Computer Speakers then in the upper left you see the "PC Audio" and enable it like shown in the top picture..

hope this helps

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Arvind, I bought some Creative Inspire T10 speakers for a little over $40 from Amazon. They work great, have plenty of volume, and so far, have not created any RFI nor have they been affected by transmitted RF (500 W at my station). I did buy a cheap "isolator" which is just a small audio transformer to keep any ground loops at bay.

Len, KD0RC

• Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭

Thank you guys $40 sounds like a good deal. Getting it now

• Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭

The PC Audio does it bring out the audio to the computer audio output or is it still on the back of the radio where we have to have external powered speakers?

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

If you select PC Audio, it routes the audio to the computer instead of the back of the radio. You get one or the other. Operating remotely, I use the PC Audio. Operating from the shack I use audio from the back of the rig. PC Audio adds a little delay due to Windows processing the sound (even though it is just passing it through), so unless I am physically away from the radio, I don't use PC Audio.

Len

• I am using a set of Presonus E4.5 speakers. They are hooked up to the back of the 6600. Sounds great.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.