Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transmit Issue with FT8

KF0X
KF0X Member
edited October 2020 in SmartSDR for Mac
I have a Flex 6400 with the latest firmware. I have had Smart DSR for Mac for a couple months. All of a sudden, today my FT8 will not transmit. It receives just fine and works normally. I can key the transmitter normally and tune fine. However, no matter what I try, I am unable to push any audio through on FT8 to transmit. I even loaded and configured WSJT-X for Mac using Loopback. I am still unable to transmit. On WSJT-X, it works great until I try to transmit.

PLEASE NOTE: I am using SmartSDR for Mac 100% on SmartLink. The radio is located in a different location with both ends having a very solid Internet connection with low latency and low jitter. Each end is 100Mbps. Both ends are also on Comcast.

I am using a recent model MacMini. My external sound devices is M-Audio FastTrack which I know is working just fine too and doesn't have much to do with this issue anyway.

I am also using the latest version of macOS Catalina and the latest version of SmartSDR for Mac.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy, KF0X

Comments

• Chip Swett
    Chip Swett Member ✭✭

I’m having the same problem through SmartLink. When I was at my remote base last week running locally, it worked fine. Now that I am remote, it’s not working. Also no SSB output. Ft8 works normally on my windows client via SmartLink.

• KF0X
    KF0X Member
    Chip, I just checked and SSB does not work on mine either. I can tune up and it works fine. My Windows version works just fine. Sounds like we have the exact same issue. I also remotely rebooted the 6400. That made no difference at all.
  • Chip Swett
    Chip Swett Member ✭✭

Randy,

Interesting. I'll keep digging and let you know if I come up with a solution.

• Chip Swett
    Chip Swett Member ✭✭

Randy,

I got it working. After talking to Marcus, we figured out that SmartLink at the remote location was not setup properly. I had to do manual port forwarding. Now everything works properly. It didn't occur to me that SmartLink setup was a problem, because I was able to select the radio and SSDR/Mac looked like it was working...but with the limitations that you and I were experiencing. I hope this fixes your problem as well.

Chip.

KB1QU

• W1XYZ
    W1XYZ Member ✭✭
    I also have that problem through Smartlink and the fix is to disconnect and reconnect for me. It seems if I have had the 6400M operating locally at last shutdown, I need to do two disconnects and reconnects, then everything works. Is it my network? Maybe so, but why. Once it starts working it is stable and good. de W1XYZ