Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

API bug?

Options
KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

When I get CWX data back from the Flex API, I get the following status message (the bytesReceived line is mine, not the API...)

Shouldn't it return "cwx_wpm" not "cwx wpm" (i.e. missing underscore)? I thought that there were to be no embedded spaces in function names. I am working around this in my Arduino code, but thought I would bring it up in case no one noticed it (or that I am wrong and spaces are ok...).

Thanks & 73,

Len, KD0RC

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is a response to a cwx status request or change in cwx values if a client is subscribed to changes . 

wpm=<speed> is the designed response.

Sending the term "cwx" without any parameters, is a status request.

See:  http://wiki.flexradio.com/index.php?title=TCP/IP_cwx

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Tim nailed it. This is intentional. The first part of a status message is often a token to help when parsing. Everything after cwx is a field within the context of the cwx module. You'll see similar syntax for other status messages (slice, transmit, etc).

Answers

• KD0RC
    Options

@Eric-KE5DTO

Hi Eric, any insight on this one?

Len, KD0RC

• KD0RC
    Options

Ah, OK I understand. I am guessing that this is a change since V2. The IW7DMH Arduino FlexRig library (built for V2) assumes no blanks within tokens. I can easily fix the code to use CWX WPM instead of the original SPEED. I have a quick and dirty routine coded in C++ for my PC that will show me status, messages and responses so that I can be sure what will come back from the radio.

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

Len

• KD0RC
    Options

I got it all working, so thanks for the help! I did notice that the speed and pitch never change on a transmit status. On my 6400, I have pitch set to 800 and it stays put and all is well. The speed and CWX speed both work properly and all is well there too. Here you can see the results of changing wpm:

cwx wpm works great, but transmit shows the wrong values. No big deal, but I thought I would mention it as something that I ran across.

I will say that the Flex API is a fantastic tool! Homebrewing takes a different direction with SDR. With the API, Arduino/Teensy and a little software, the project possibilities are limitless. Maybe I will check out Node Red at some point...

Len, KD0RC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.