Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 bandwidth

Options

Hi,

Flex 6400 has 7MHz iBW. How can slice A be on 160M and slice B on 6m at the same time? IBW need to be bigger or 7MHz is oBW? Or how do you do this?

Other strange thing is duplex using 6400. I can do it with 6600, but it has two spectral units and you can use two antenna. But according to manual also 6400 can do dublex using one spectral unit = one antenna. I have tried duplex using 6400, but I cannot get it to work like using 6600. What am I missing here?

Sorry, a bit technical questions and maybe I have got this wrong.

Br,

Mika

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited September 2020
    Options

Hi Mika, you get 7 MHz bandwidth per slice. To see that, open a panadapter and zoom it all the way out. Open the other panadapter and zoom it all the way out. You will now have two 7 MHz views. If you place the starting frequency of one panadapter at the ending frequency of the other, you will see all 14 MHz at once.

Full Duplex works on the 6400, but you need to have a different transmit antenna from the receive antenna. Each slice must be opened in a separate panadapter. The slices must share the receive antenna, so to make it work, the transmit antenna must be different. To test this, you can set the receive side to your normal antenna (ANT1 or ANT2). Then set your transmit antenna to XVTA on the TX slice only (make sure nothing is connected to it). Now when you transmit the low-level XVTA signal, you will see it on the other slice.

I hope this helps.

Len, KD0RC

• Mika Rintala
    Options

Thanks Len,

make sense. Then 7MHz is oBW and iBW is about 60MHz (if sampling is 128MHz). Look like the amount of available slices is then just marketing issue. You could have more like 6700 has 4 slices/spectral unit. Then 6400 could have 4 slices and 6600 8 slices. Maybe you could buy extra ones and get SW upgrade?

I need to try that duplex. I think my mistake was to have separate RX antenna for slices. I got the point.

Br,

Mika/OH6MR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.