Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT not receiving signal from 6400.

Chris Walker
Chris Walker Member ✭✭
edited September 2020 in Third-Party Software

Hello all,

So I have watched and emulated the Michael Walker video about getting started with FT8 on my 6400. Still no joy. DAX streaming on and on channel 1. CAT ports setup. CAT test is green, however I do not hear a click when activating PTT test. Maybe just one box I am not checking. Any suggestions very welcome... WSJT version 2.1... Tanks, John

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

@Chris Walker posted this in the FLEX-6000 SIGNATURE SERIES category. This type of post is better suited to be in the Third-party Software category since it is not directly applicable to the FLEX-6000 hardware itself. I have moved your post to that category for greater visibility.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

I wonder if you have your windows audio connections set correctly. You've got to tell WSJT where to find it.

73,Ed KA9EES

• Thanks Ed. So I do this via the WSJT file>setting>radio? Or another area? If you have a link you can point me to, that would be great! Thanks again Chris

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

Should be a setting in that area for audio. I would help further now but I am at physical therapy.

Ed

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

You're gonna have to set it up as a Kenwood ts-2000.

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
  • Larry, Thanks for the pic. Yes it is exactly that way. Still no audio per my pic above. Using Windows 10 by the way. I am going to keep working on it till I get it! I feel like there is just one thing was we s not done. Just need to find it... :) Chris

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

I'll look at mine as soon as I get home, but I think I still set the rig up as a Kenwood ts-2000.

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭

Yes, that's what I use in WSJT and JTDX.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

This is how mine is setup.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

It's working.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

Well... I thought it was working. It's decoding and transmitting, but I have missed something. No RF is going out.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Good it’s working but it is not necessary to use the Kenwood rig. The flex 6000 rig choice works very well

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

I must have gotten that from an older discussion. It works!

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

I'm SSDr 2.6.2. TS-2000 has to be used. Flex 6XXX doesn't work. I might need to update WSJT.

• Cat test works. PTT test works. Just no audio to WSJT. My computer audio is at medium and of course Flex is AF/RF is up. Maybe I have a COM port wrong...? Dunno. I have set it up exactly the way flex says to do it.... Im still after it...

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭

I’m still on Ver 2.4.9 but I if you are using ver 2.5 and and above, you will need to tick the Tx enable box on the Matrix for each of the bands you are using. Just a thought.

G.L. Winston

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

Take a look at the ssdr screen make sure dax is active. I'm using the setup for a TS-2000. I needed to set that manually. Even though WSJT was set to use DAX. SSDR wasn't.

Ed

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭

DAX Audio is what controls your TX Audio, check the DAX level in the DAX control panel.

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

• Thanks Larry. DAX RX is good. I keep thinking it is pc related as the Flex and WSJT seem to be setup fine. I have gone through the setup 10 times!! Maybe something in the PC audio is muted? But all seem well there also.... Dunno.

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭

Are you having trouble with TX audio?

• Well my TX audio is blue inside the DAX box. Not sure if I am answering your question. Of course I have not transmitted yet. Thanks again for the help. Just no darn RX audio... Im close! :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.