Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

cwx panel - bug reports and a problem workaround

Chris
Chris Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
i've got SmartSDR 3.1.8 and here's two bug reports and a helpful workaround:

1. closing popped out CWX panel using ALT-F4 or closing it using the taskbar "[X]" when hovering mouse over the SDR icon results in two runtime errors.

2. when the CWX panel is within the SmartSDR window, the "pop out" arrow is visible in the upper right corner. after popping out the panel, the width of the panel shrinks slightly (the right hand edge is now in the middle of the Incr/Decr CW speed arrows) and the "pop in" arrow is now outside the visible panel area. the panel right and left edges cannot be dragged to widen the panel. therefore, there is no place to click with a mouse to pop the panel back into the SmartSDR window.

3. workaround: to pop out or pop in the CWX panel, set the input focus in the text entry area of the panel (click on the text entry area). then type <TAB> and then <SPACE>. works in v3.1.8 and should also work in later versions so long as the resource order (buttons, text entry boxes, etc) is not changed.

- 0x49 -  chris  KB3CS

Comments

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi Chris,
    Maybe you should consider updating to 3.1.11. I'm running it here and cannot duplicate any of the problems you describe.
  • Chris
    Chris Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    already upgraded. same behavior.  including the workaround, so i'm managing well enough.

- 111 -
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Can you post pictures of what your seeing, Chris
  • Chris
    Chris Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    sure.

^ looks normal enough {version 3.1.11} .. now click on the arrow in the upper right corner to pop the panel out ..

^ whoops. panel a bit too narrow. arrow at upper right corner not visible.
    (workaround to reverse the 'pop-out': click in blue text entry area, then type <TAB> and next <SPACE>)

^ next, if you've hovered your mouse over the SDR icon on the taskbar, and then used the close window widget {a red [X]} to close the popped-out panel, then close the CWX function (by clicking on CWX) and then next re-open CWX (click on CWX once more), you get this error box (#1 of 2)
     ^ followed by this error box (#2 of 2). then SmartSDR crashes and closes.

okay?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I see what you see. I can not re create this on mine. The cwx opens and pops out fine, and I can close it with clicking on cwx.
  • Chris
    Chris Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    i have a full HD screen using the (default; recommended) 125% font scaling.

pop out CWX, pop CWX back in .. turn off, turn on, pop out again ...

if you pop out CWX and then close it from the taskbar (or using ALT-F4) ... then ?

- 23 (base 35) -
  • Jessica
    Jessica FlexRadio Employee

Chris, I'm looking into this issue (#J8037) and was hoping you could provide your screen resolution to help narrow down the cause of this issue.

• Chris
    Chris Member ✭✭

okay! i have a full HD screen (1920x1080) and it was set to the (recommended and default) Display "Scale and layout" 125%.

i'll venture you won't see the issue if you set the Scale and layout to 100%

.. = 73 =

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

It's worth mentioning here that Jessica, being the talented UI developer that she is, has already fixed #J8036 mentioned earlier in this thread. Thanks again for reporting these things so we can make the radio experience better for everyone.

• Chris
    Chris Member ✭✭

i am presently experiencing the "three red blinks" (boot failure) issue (ticket has already been opened) and will make my attempts to reproduce the issue once my radio is functioning again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.