Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Who is using Flex 6600 with 4 instances of WSJT-X and JTAlert

My friends

I am using my Flex 6600 with SmartSDR 3.1.12 and 4 instances of WSJT-X 2.2.2 and JTAlert 2.16.13. From time to time JTAlert does crash, espacially in time of heavy FT8 trafic.

My assumption is that my powerful computer is not powerful enough.

Does anybody successfuly use 4 instances? With which computer?

Amos 4X4MF

Comments

• I have been using 4 instances with no issues! i7, 64Gb RAM.

Hans Christian LA9AKA

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

You don't give your computer specs. I do suspect 4 pans, 4 wsjtx would place a strain. You can relieve some of that by slowing your frame rate in the pans and your waterfall rate. Not really needed doing digital.

I always recommend people get pretty powerful computers. I friend across down, good with radios bad with computers was boasting to me about his new computer he bought: Win10 4gb RAM 512gb Disk, Core i3. We loaded SSDR on it and a few other programs and it ground to a halt.

• Mika Rintala
    Mika Rintala Member ✭✭

I use my remote station like that. 4xFT8 + JTalert. Xeon X5690 is just enough. If there is a lot of traffic, then processor hit 100% for a short period. That Xeon was 65$ (used from ebay)

OH6MR/Mika

• Ray G6UJB
    Ray G6UJB Member ✭✭

I have used SmartSDR + DXKeeper from DXLabs + 4 x WSJT + 4 x JTAlert on an i7 3770K 16GB with no problems, still plenty of horse power to do other things.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.