Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil Pro Headset and Heil Boom Mic with 6300

VE3RWY
VE3RWY Member ✭✭
edited September 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am about to take ownership of a 6300, new to me. I have both a Heil Pro 7 headset (dynamic element) and a 3-pin XLR Heil boom mic. What adapters do I need to order? I do not plan to use VOX so would like a break-out for PTT. I have PTT switches with 1/4" phono plugs.

I see the 8 Pin foster to 1/8in (3.5mm) TRS and RCA for FLEX-6400(M) or FLEX-6600(M) in the store that I could make work with my headset but there is no 3-pin XLR with a PTT break-out for the boom mic, only a 4-pin XLR. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Answers

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    I just bought an XLR cable from FLEX P/N CX0076 for $23.99 plus shipping. It's a "Cable Creations" made in China that can be had on Amazon for around $7.99... Exact same cable. For less than a third of the price.

Ed KA9EES
    Fithian IL
  • VE3RWY
    VE3RWY Member ✭✭
    Does it have PTT breakout? Thanks
  • ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    No it doesn't. In fact since I have reread your op. I think you'd be well to get a Yaesu break out cable from Heil. Model # AD1Y I think would be the right one. I'm assuming you're gonna plug into the 8 pin Foster connector on the front of the 6300.

Ed
  • VE3RWY
    VE3RWY Member ✭✭
    Yes that was my plan. Great help Ed! Thanks a lot
  • ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

You are very welcome.

Ed KA9EES

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.