Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MAIL OR RSS FEED

Options
N5NHJ
N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

I would like to receive e-mails for any post on the forum. I think this feature is not available. Is an RSS feed available, instead? I can build my own service to have the feed forwarded to my e-mail.

Thanks

Best Answers

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you Tim @W4TME, I set up my my mail client to read the feed and everything is fine.

73, Max

Answers

• tparish
    tparish Member ✭✭
    Options

I too would like to know if there is an RSS feed option for the various subgroups in the Community.

Tom KB5RF

Austin

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Options

@N5NHJ  In this post, you asked a question where you wanted to get an answer, but the post was designated as a discussion topic. Please see the Message Board post Using New Q&A (Question & Answer) Feature for how to create a Question and Answer (Q&A) post. I went ahead and converted your post to a Q&A.

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭
    Options

In the old Community, there was an option to receive an email every time a new topic was started. It could have been Praise, Idea, Problem etc. but the result was universal: every new topic that was started generated an email.

I see on my profile page how to set notification preferences for discussion topics in which I already have some involvement. But I don't see an option to receive email notification for every new topic universally. Is that an option with the new Community?

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Tim,

There is an options to set the various "categories" to "following" that is supposed to do what you are looking for. But it does not appear to be working. See my comments in the "question" post. You can give it a try and please add your feedback to my question if you are able to make it work.

https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/8023139/follow-a-category-is-still-not-working-for-me#latest

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 SSDR V2.4.10

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Al/NN4ZZ: I have set all my notification preferences to "email" and I did receive an email notification after you replied to this thread earlier today. Perhaps I got that email because I have set my "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in" option to "email."

What I am looking for is an option to receive an email notification for every new discussion topic when the topic is first opened. This was a feature of the old community. All the notification options available to us now seem to require that I have some connection to the topic on a personal level. Such as, "Notify me when people comment on my discussions; Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions; Notify me when people mention me." I probably want all those, but beyond those, I would like to receive an email for each new topic when it is first opened. I can't see how to do that.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Tim,

See my other post....you should be able to "follow" any or all of the categories and NOT have to tag each conversation.

https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/8023139/follow-a-category-is-still-not-working-for-me#latest

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 SSDR V2.4.10

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Do we know what enabling "Follow" is supposed to do?

If it sends an email whenever a new discussion is started in a category, that's what I want. But if it sends an email every time there is a new post to a topic in a category, I definitely DON'T want that.

I understand that it is not working for you right now, either way.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Options

@tparish for category RSS, use this type of URL syntax: https://community.flexradio.com/categories/message-board/feed.rss

• tparish
    tparish Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Tim. Appreciate it.