Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need Link to NQ6N Remote Keyer Interface

Al Dewey
Al Dewey Member ✭✭
edited September 2020 in Peripherals & Station Integration
I am getting ready to try out the NQ6N Remote Keyer Interface with my Flex 6600M and SmartSDR.  I think I have all the cable into, etc. but can't seem to find a link that works for the actual program.  One link I have is:

https://groups.io/g/RemoteKeyerInterface/files/RemoteKeyerInterface1.0.0.5.zip

However, this just takes me to a document - not the actual Interface.  Can someone help me?

AL, K0AD

Answers

• Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It's just the first part of your link:

https://groups.io/g/RemoteKeyerInterface

73, Mario DL3LSM

• Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I must be doing something wrong.  That link just takes me to a document that Has a Station Layout Diagram at the top and a lot of additional information.  But I do not see any place to download the app or its installer.  The document does include this statement:

The installer is available at the following URL:

https://groups.io/g/RemoteKeyerInterface/files/RemoteKeyerInterface1.0.0.5.zip

However, when I click on that link, it just keeps bring be back to the top of the same document rather than a place to download the zip file.

Is this , perhaps, some kind of Groups.IO security thing?

Al, K0AD
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It look as though you need to log in...
  • Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hmmmm.  That page I come to shows my name in the upper right corner and asks me if I want to Log Out. So I assume I am logged in.   But it is not clear to me what specific group this is in.

Wish I could just fine a place to simply download the install app.

Al, K0AD
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    OK, I see what you are seeing as well. I just logged in and the link to the installer returns with the same page as where you started. 
  • Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks.  Glad I am not going crazy.  Perhaps, I'll try to contact NQ6N directly.

AL, K0AD
  • Mika Rintala
    Mika Rintala Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Same issue here. I am also interested in that SW
    Mika/OH6MR
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I guess you have to log in and be a member of this group (RemoteKeyerInterface) to use the link.. For me teh link works like expected..

73, Mario DL3LSM

• Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes - I just figured that out today.  Specifically, go to the bottom of the document that comes up and look for the e-mail address listed after "Subscribe".  Send an e-mail to that address.  You will receive and e-mail back to confirm your membership.  Once that is done, you can check in and you will find it in the FILES section.

Strange that you don't get an error telling you this on the original link but I guess that is the way it works.

Al, K0AD

• Paul_Mills
    Paul_Mills Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You have to belong to a group on group.io before you can access the files section of that group.
  • BL7IB
    BL7IB Member ✭✭

Same here, Struggled 10 minutes last night for looping back to the intro page when I click links for ZIP file.

Must sign in and join group to download.

Thanks to NQ6N and the group for the RemoteKeyerInterface client. When I choose FlexRadio last year, I assumed remote keying from PC was built-in, but it wasn't Disappointed.

Flex SmartSDR do a great job in handling remote bidirectional audio, spectrum, control. An on/off CW waveform should be much more simple thing to work with than audio , spectrum and controls. I don't understand why Flex cannot built it in SmartSDR.

Thanks to NQ6N anyway.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.