Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

While I am waiting for my 6400 to ship...

KØFUZ
KØFUZ Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Just curious..
* Where is the radio hardware assembled?
*At what point and where does Flex add the software?
*Curious about the backlog for new radios
-Flex is waiting to receive radios from the production site
-Flex is loading software on the "hardware boxes"
-Covid has slowed things down
-Your radio failed QC!?!
-Your radio was dropped while loading it on to the UPS truck?
Idle minds think about strange things. I keep seeing the vision of "you can't handle the truth" pop up in my mind.
Curious in Kansas,
Thanks, John KØFUZ

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

The radios are built here in the U.S.A. in Texas. Once the radio is built it is loaded with the latest version software and any options the end user has purchased, then burn-in tested before shipping.

COVID-19 can have an impact on the supply chain and many manufacturers are impacted in some way.

Dave wo2x

• KØFUZ
    KØFUZ Member ✭✭
    I would welcome having more information. for example: loading software, burn-in process, final test - where is it in the process? That would seem reasonable?
    Just thinking,
    John KØFUZ
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

@kansasjohn In this post, you asked a question where you wanted to get an answer, but the post was designated as a discussion topic. Please see the Message Board post Using New Q&A (Question & Answer) Feature for how to create a Question and Answer (Q&A) post. I went ahead and converted your post to a Q&A.

• BL7IB
    BL7IB Member ✭✭

Hope this photo would answer your question: "what if radio was dropped while loading it on to the UPS truck?"

Two layers of boxes. The gap between radio and the outer edge is around 5cm for all dimensions.

The chassis label say "Assemble in USA"

Rocky

BL7iB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.