Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mic setup for the new user

Mike-VA3MW
Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
This video is for the brand new user and how to hook up their hand mic and a few other ideas.  

Mike va3mw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdFeTzPo14w
Tagged:

Comments

• Neil Friedman
    Neil Friedman Member
    edited June 2020
    This is a great video -- I learned a lot.  
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Mike, I didn't realize that I could adjust the mic gain without transmitting. Now I can give my dummy load a rest... 73, Len, KD0RC
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2020
    That is one of my favourite features!

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    edited June 2020
    If you don't see it working, you must enable it using the "Settings > Radio Setup > Phone/CW" tab.  If it IS enabled, you may not see the meter function if you do not have the PTT "claimed" for your client in the "Settings > Multi-Flex" tab. 
    But as Mike said, It is one of my own favorite features, not only to check my mic gain, but to test if I have the correct Mic and/or Mic Profile selected in the first place!

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Ken, I was looking for that. What a great feature! Len
  • Keith WA0BEU
    Keith WA0BEU Member ✭✭
    Thanks Mike and Ken!!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.