Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Grey Text Hard to Read

Options

Dear Flex,

Can you please change all the text to black text instead the grey text that everyone online is using. They say that the grey text is easier on the eye, but that does not help if it's hard to read the text, to pull it from the white background. You can use books as an example. You don't see any books in "Dark Mode" (the silliest thing). You see white paper and black ink. It' been that way since Gutenberg. But now for some reason, the web has gone to light grey text on white background. I find it hard to read and I must work at pulling the text out from the light background. It's almost as bad as the 1990s version of using red background and black text (Omni).

So can you please change the text color to pure black? You are making it hard to read the text. And you might want to know that hundreds of thousands of others feel the same way I do. Just Google it. What good is it to be 'easier on the eyes" (not scientifically even studied) yet, not be able to read the text?

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Jose, I agree! Many web sites (not Flex) put red text over gray backgrounds which is nearly impossible for me to read.

Len, KD0RC

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Options

I have darkened up the body text somewhat. I hope this helps.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Tim, I don't see much difference on my monitor (17 inch Dell G7 laptop).

Len

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The “Leave a Comment” text above is better then the text I am typing..... I feel that this is discriminatory to us older folk. But this is a tendency in most web sites, who are developed and serviced by younger folk.... I wish there was an improve contrast button, and yes I am aware of this capability on most computers and devices. But even that is limited.

• Jose B Rivera
    Jose B Rivera Member ✭✭
    Options

It looks the same to me. Why not just make it black?

• Roger Rockwell/na4rr
    Options

I agree it is very difficult to read. I would think black on white would be good.

roger

na4rr

• Roy_W5TKZ
    Options
    Having more contrast would be a plus. I agree, the text needs to be darker.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Options

It is better than it was, but there are some restrictions based on the theme and branding we are using. I am working to see if there is something that can be done to improve this situation.

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options

Thanks Tim, it would very much help my ageing eyes if you could make the text even a little darker, as I find it difficult to read on my iPad, which I use most of the time.

This discussion has been closed.