Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

smartSDR 3.1.12 running remote has display problem

I will explain the problem by showing a screenshot. The display works correctly if I my 6700 remote on wifi, but not across networks. Everything was running fine yesterday. No changes have been made to Windows 10 since then. I reverted to an earlier time, but that made no difference. The network speeds and latency are same as before this problem appeared. Any ideas?

Comments

• W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭

Further investigation reveals that the situation shown in the photo occurs while connected to Verizon through a mifi hotspot. When disconnecting and connecting to the same Verizon network through my iPhone hotspot, there is NO problem. Strangely, speedtest of both connections shows essentially the same up/down speed. Latency is the same for both. Looking for someone to explain this. Is the mifi bandwidth limited? How does one measure this?

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭

This appears to be the UDP port is not making it through the hotspot.

Don't waste time unloading / loading sw versions..

_..--

k3Tim

• W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭

K3TIM thanks for your input.

Further investigation reveals that the situation shown in the photo occurs while connected to Verizon through a mifi hotspot. When disconnecting and connecting to the same Verizon network through my iPhone hotspot, there is NO problem. Strangely, speedtest of both connections shows essentially the same up/down speed. Latency is the same for both. Looking for someone to explain this. Is the mifi bandwidth limited? How does one measure this?

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2020

This isn't a speed problem. It's an MTU issue where the MiFi hotspot is not allowing the larger packets that contain the spectrum display data. There is an MTU setting you can change in the client you are using to connect to the radio in the advanced network settings. Change it from 1500 to a lower value, like 1300.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.